Diabetes and Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...Diabetes : Tomatoes - a superfood for diabetes patients Dr. Akshay Jain, Endocrinologist, Sarah Ware, Registered Dietician, and Nick Pratap, Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of tomatoes in relation to diabetes management.Dr. Akshay Jain, Endocrinologist, Sarah Ware, Registered Dietician, and Nick Pratap, Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of tomatoes in relation to diabetes management.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad.
Windset Farms® Grilled Eggplant & Tomato Salad
- 4 oz Aged Manchego cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups Canola oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Keen’s mustard powder
- 3 Adagio® Baby Eggplants, sliced into discs
- 4 Virtuoso® Beefsteak Tomatoes, sliced into discs
- 4 leaves Delicato® Butter Lettuce
- cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Combine cheese with parsley, lemon and pepper, set aside and keep at room temperature.
- In a small pot start simmering canola oil with 10 cloves of garlic over medium heat. After 12-15 minutes remove from heat and let cool, garlic should be golden brown and translucent. Strain and keep the oil. Place garlic cloves in a small dish at room temp or refrigerate if not using right away.
- In a bowl whisk 2 cups garlic oil, with sherry vinegar and Keens mustard powder. Set aside.
- Pre-heat and clean the grill, barbecue or griddle.
- Slice the Adagio® Baby Eggplant into discs approximately ½ inch think. Brush with remaining garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender on both sides (approximately 3 minutes per side) over medium/high heat. Remove and let cool.
- Slice Virtuoso® Beefsteak Tomatoes into discs, layer with Adagio® Baby Eggplant.
- Pour on garlic dressing, add garlic cloves and garnish with Manchego cheese/parsley mixture.
- Serve with some Delicato® Butter Lettuce or Romaine hearts and some crusty bread!